If you are new to Amazon, you may be wondering if there is a built-in feature enabling you to share your cart with friends and colleagues. Worry not; in this post, you will learn how you can easily share your Amazon shopping cart with just a few clicks.
Every once in a while, you may find yourself in need of sharing your Amazon cart with someone else. This is highly convenient, especially if you want a second opinion on your purchase or your list has to be validated by a coworker.
As you will find out, Amazon does not provide a direct method of sharing your Amazon shopping cart. That notwithstanding, there are a couple of third-party plugins enabling you to share your shopping cart with just a few clicks.
To share your Amazon cart with someone, you can use the Share-A-Cart browser extension. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Install the Share-A-Cart extension for your browser. It is available for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can find the extension on the Share-A-Cart website or the Chrome Web Store.
- Log in to your Amazon account and add the items you want to share to your cart.
- Click on the Share-A-Cart extension icon in your browser toolbar.
- Click on “Create Cart ID.” The extension will generate a short ID code for your cart.
- Share the ID code with the person you want to share your cart with.
- The recipient can then enter the ID code into the Share-A-Cart plugin or website, and your Amazon cart will be automatically transferred to their account
Please note that sharing an Amazon cart and a wishlist are two different things. A cart contains items you’re currently planning to buy, while a wishlist is a list of items you want but may not necessarily purchase immediately
To learn more, continue reading our detailed guide.
Unfortunately, Amazon does not provide an easy and direct way to share your shopping cart with friends. Most people, therefore, depend on third-party plugins such as Share-A-Cart. However, as Amazon is constantly integrating new features, it is conceivable that such functionality may be added to the platform in the years to come.
Here are a few easy ways to share your Amazon cart with someone else,
- Send the cart link – Once you’ve added items to your cart, you can copy the cart link from your browser and share it with someone via email, text, social media etc. When they open the link, they’ll see all the items in your cart.
- Use the Invite button – In your Amazon cart, find the “Invite” button and enter the email address of the person you want to share with. Amazon will send them an email invite to view your cart.
- Share via Alexa – If you have an Alexa-enabled device, you can say “Alexa, ask Amazon to share my cart.” The person will get a text with a link to view your cart.
- Use the Amazon app – Open your cart in the Amazon app, tap the ellipses menu in the upper right, and choose “Share Cart.” Pick how you want to share – messaging, email, etc.
- Make it public – In your Amazon account settings, you can make your cart public and share the public link. This allows anyone with the link to see your cart.
- Use Wish List – You can add items to a Wish List instead of a cart and share that list with others. This gives them insight into products you like.
The key is finding the “Share” or “Invite” option in your cart or Wish List to send others the link. Make sure not to share your full Amazon login or password. Just the cart link gives access without account access.
“Share-A-Cart” is one of the most popular browser plugins enabling you to share your Amazon shopping cart efficiently. If you have never heard about this plugin, don’t worry; we will cover everything you need to know about the plugin. To get started, follow the guide below.
Step 1: Visit the Chrome Web Store and search for “Share-A-Cart”. Various related plugins will appear, select the “Share-A-Cart” plugin and click the “Add to Chrome” option.
Step 2: After the plugin has been added, login to your Amazon account.
Step 3: After you have logged in to your account, add all the items you want to share to the cart. While adding the items to the cart, ensure you enter the correct quantity.
Step 4: Once you are done and are ready to share the cart, click on the extension icon, then click on “Create Card ID.”
Step 5: Keep in mind that the items in your shopping cart will be packaged for delivery to the address you provide.
Step 6: After clicking the “Create Card ID” option, a unique ID generated by the plugin will be displayed at the top of the page. Now, all you have to do is share the code with whoever you want to share your shopping cart with. To share the code, you can simply use email or text.
Please note that the recipient must also install the plugin to view the shopping cart. If you are the recipient of the code, you will have to follow the guide below to view the contents of the shopping cart.
Step 1: The first thing you must do is ensure that you have the correct code. If you use a different code, you will be looking at the wrong items.
Step 2: Once you have validated the code, click on the extension icon, then click on the “Receive Cart” option.
Step 3: Paste the code into the “Card ID” field, then click “Get Card” to load the contents of the shopping cart.
Step 4: That’s it! The contents of your friends will be loaded, and the shopping cart will appear.
If you do not want to use the “Share-A-Cart” extension, you can use the “Shopping Cart Share” extension. What makes this plugin better is that there is a corresponding android app you can use in case you use a mobile phone. To use the plugin, follow the guide below.
Step 1: Download the plugin from the Chrome Web Store. If you are using an android phone, you can install the app from the Android Play Store.
Step 2: After installing the plugin, log in to your Amazon account.
Step 3: To view your shopping cart, click on the cart icon on the top right of your page. To add more items to the cart, just click on the “Add to cart” option close to the item.
Step 4: To share the cart, navigate to the Amazon cart page and click on the Share That’s it, now, all you need to do is share the link to your Amazon cart, and the recipient will get all the products in your cart.
Unlike the shopping cart, Amazon makes it easy for customers to share their wish lists with others. When sharing your wish list, you have to choose between making your list “View only” or “Edit and View”. With the “View only” option, anyone can view the list, but no one can edit it. On the other hand, with the “Edit and View” options, people can make changes to the list by adding and removing items. With this option, you can also invite people to leave comments on various items on your wish lists.
To share your wish list, follow the guide below.
Step 1: Log in to your Amazon account, then navigate to the “Lists” section.
Step 2: Navigate to the wish list that you want to share.
Step 3: Click on the “+ Invite” button under the “Shopping List” section.
Step 4: Now you have to choose between the “View only” or “Edit and View” option. If you do not want anyone to tamper with your list, go with the “View only” option.
Step 5: Select the “Invite By Email” option, then copy and share the link.
That’s it; you can now collaborate on the wish list with the people you have invited. You, however, need to keep a few things in mind. Firstly, the list owner is the only one who can add and delete new participants. To manage the list of invitees, navigate to the “More” menu and click on “Manage People”.
How Long Can Items Stay In An Amazon Cart?
Typically, items added to the cart can stay there for up to two weeks. You should therefore keep revisiting the list to look for changed prices or items that might have gone out of stock.
Sharing your Amazon shopping cart is a straightforward process. Even though Amazon does not provide a direct way for one to share their shopping cart, you can use third-party plugins such as the “Share-A-Cart” or “Shopping Cart Share” extensions. When using the “Share-A-Cart” extension, ensure that the recipient has also installed the plugin. If you want to share your wish list, you can easily do that without leaving the Amazon app. When sharing your wish list, ensure to select the “View only” option if you don’t want the list to be tampered with.